- Turn oven on to 425 FIRST!
- Cut up butter into small chunks & keep COLD!
- Mix 1 1/4 cup milk with 1 Teaspoon vinegar and the 2 Tablespoons sugar. Stir and keep COLD
- Now SIFT your dry ingredients all together into one large bowl...2 1/2 cups flour, 1 Tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 Teaspoon salt. Mix together so all ingredients are spread throughout!
- Add your cold butter chunks to the flour using a pastry cutter & your hands. Do not over work but make sure the butter chunks are about the size of a pea and are evenly spread! Do this fast you want the butter to remain cold!
- Now add your cold milk mixture to the flour mixture! Use a large spoon to stir it all together! Do not over mix, but keep stirring until it forms one giant sticky mass! It will seem too wet at first...give it a minute to thicken up, but work quickly!
- Now dump the giant dough mass onto a heavily floured surface and shake some more of your all purpose flour on the top of the dough so you can use your hands to shape it! Flatten the dough with your floured hands to about 3/4 inch thickness!
- Now use a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter to create circles. Bake on a cast iron pan, or a baking sheet at 425 degrees for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown! No need to oil pan there is enough butter in the biscuits!
NOT something we make often, but if you are going to have a biscuit you might as well do it right! These are deliciously buttery and fluffy! They are very close to a croissant in flavor and can be used with savory and sweet! KEEP EVERYTHING COLD UP TO THE LAST MINUTE!
- 2 1/2 Cups Organic All Purpose Flour
- Extra All Purpose Flour For Dusting
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 8 Tablespoons Chilled Butter Chunks
- 1 1/4 Cup Chilled Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Sugar